Name of the Hospital: MRA Medical college
Address : Saddarpur, Akbarpur-Tanda Road, AmbedkarNagar (U.P.)
- Location and accessibility
- Standards of service General Information
- Enquiries Emergency Services
- OPD Super specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Support services Indoor Treatment
- Laboratory Blood Banks
- Equipment and facilities Misc. services
- Responsibility of users Grievances Redressal/complaints
MRA Medical college has 500 beds with facilities of different specialties.
To develop into an institute of medical excellence, imparting quality medical education to students and quality medical care to patients. To create doctors with knowledge, values and principles and to help them attain their highest functional ability. To spread health and to make the nation a healthier and happier place to live in.
Standard of services:
MRA Medical College provides medical care facilities to all patients who come to the hospitals.
The college insists that the users are provided courteous and prompt treatment.
Location: You reach MRAMC, Ambedkarnagar thorugh any of the following routes: 1. Via Lucknow: Ambedkarnagar is located approx. 220 kms from Lucknow. After reaching Lucknow by train/bus/air, the candidates may take train to Akbarpur rly station. The trains running from Lucknow to Varanasi Jn via Faizabad run through Akbarpur. Alternately, the candidates may take bus from Lucknow to Akabarpur. Private buses ply at regular interval till 3 PM from Polytechnic Chauraha, Lucknow. 2. Via Faizabad: Ambedkarnagar is located approx. 75 kms from Faizabad. Candidates may take train or bus from Faizabad to Akbarpur. Reaching college: MRA MEdical College is located approx. 12 kms from Akbarpur and 7 Kms from Tanda on Akbarpur-Tanda Road. Autorickshaws are available from both spots. The road is under construction, hence, it would take approx. 45 minutes-1 hr to cover the distance. Stay at Akbarpur: Only a few hotels/lodges are available at Akbarpur. If possible, the candidate must make advance reservation for his/her stay. A decent place for stay is Hotel Sai Plaza, Near Railway Station, Akbarpur (Phone: +91-5271-245555, 245556; +91-9838489555).
MRA Medical College has 500 beds with facilities of different specialties.
MRA medical College and Hospital has 4 other health centres running under its administrative control which cater to the population in the nearby villages and slums.
- Urban Health Training centre at Meeranpur, Akbarpur located approximately 13 kms from the medical college.
Rural Health Training Centre is situated in the following place:
- Chak Asoopur, Tanda – loacted approximately 9 kms from the medical college.
- Health centre at Bada Gaon, Ibrahimpur
- Health centre at Kusma Ibrahimpur
Enquiry and Information about College and Hospital
Telephone numbers of central enquiry 05273-288770, 288771
Doctors wear white aprons and nurses are in uniform. All Staff members wear identity cards.
Reception is located at the entrance of the hospitals.
Different sign boards, directional signs are fitted at the strategic points for guidance of the public.
The list of faculty members of the college and hospital detailed information about MRA Medical College are available on the website of the institution: www.mramc.in
The duty rosters for the faculty members & resident doctors is displayed on the notice boards of all the departments.
Inquiry& Reception counter functions round the clock in the emergency of MRA Medical College Hospital.
The staff members from Medical Record Section provide patient related information and also prepare the medical record (OPD cards/Admission case sheets) and statistics related to the hospital products (Services).
Emergency/ casualty services
Accident, Trauma, Medical and Surgical Emergencies at MRA Medical College Hospital Round the clock, all days. Emergency cases are attended to promptly.
Officers in Charge of Casualty: (4 CMO with 3 shift as 8am to 2pm, 2pm to 8pm & 8pm to 8am)
Location: Ground Floor, right from entrance of Hospital.
Casualty and Emergency services available 24 hours daily throughout the year.
Anyone with urgent medical problem can have consultation/treatment in the Casualty.
Depending on the nature of Casualty/Emergency which needs medical intervention, the patient will be registered at the Casualty registration counter free of charge and medical care will be provided promptly.
In addition to Casualty Medical Officers, Casualty has dedicated team of doctors from major specialties of Medicine, Surgery, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and resident doctors, nursing staff, paramedics and orderlies to provide urgent medical services.
All endeavours are made to provide better medical care including all possible investigations (available in the hospital) and prompt treatment. However, at times, when there is extreme workload, cases that are not so urgent may have to wait for some time.
- The treating doctors will call any specialist who is available on call for urgent consultation as and when required.
- Casualty has a fully equipped Emergency Operation Theatre for any urgent surgery.
- It is fully equipped with modern gadgets like monitors, ventilators, nebulisers, defibrillators, central oxygen and suction supply, etc.
- All urgent investigations like Blood Biochemistry, Urine, Blood gas analysis, ECG, USG, X-ray are available for casualty patients round the clock.
- Facilities for CT Scan is also available in the hospital campus on payment basis.
- In serious cases, treatment/ management gets priority over paper work like registration and medico legal requirement. The decision rests with the treating doctor.
- Emergency operation theatre is maintained on a regular basis to ensure that it is usable at all times.
- Pay and use telephone is available at the entrance of the Casualty for patients and their attendants.
OPD Registration Timings : 08:00 AM to 1:00 PM
OPD registration card can be obtained for Re. 1 at the OPD Registration counter (free for BPL patients) located at the entrance of MRA Medical College and Hospital for consultation in general/speciality OPDs.
- Referred cases from outreach centres and other hospitals should also get registered for consultation in the OPDs.
- The patient has the right to consult any doctor/consultant. For prior appointment with any consultant on his/her OPD days, the patient should contact his/her OPD.
- Patients are seen on first come first serve basis. However, out of turn consultation may be provided in case of emergency or to senior citizens.
- Special Clinics
- Allergy and asthma clinic
- Knee clinic
- DOTS clinic
Details of other Diagnostic & Support Services in the Associated Hospitals
Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Transfusion Medicine, Forensic medicine, Hospital stores, CSSD, Laundry, Dietary Services, Medical Record Department, Engineering section, ,AC Plant, sets etc., Maintenance cell,
Many facilities are provided at OPD level, such as ECG, Plaster, Injection and immunization, contraception and MTP services, minor surgical intervention, physiotherapy, bronchoscopy, endoscopy, etc.
The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating consultant. The patient will be admitted if there is a vacant bed available in the particular speciality. But in case of emergency, out of turn admission may be done.
In patient Treatment
Special wards like ICU, ISU, Nursery etc. are equipped with modern gadgets and devices like ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, nebulisers, incubators etc. to provide better quality medical care.
All patients admitted in General Wards of the Hospital are treated for very nominal cost decided by government of Uttar Pradesh. However, patients belonging to below poverty line may contact the superintendent or principal for all fee waiver.
Free diet is provided to all patients in the General Wards.
Staff nurses are on duty round the clock in the wards.
Admitted patients should contact the staff nurse for any medical assistance they need.
MORNING NOON EVENING
6 AM to 7:00 AM 1:30PM to 2:30 PM 5 PM to 8 PM
One attendant shall accompany every admitted patient.
Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hours with visitor pass.
- Pathology/Bio-Chemistry/Micro-Biology are conducted in the labs.
- The various samples are collected in Central Collection lab round the clock for testing and the reports are also issued
- The quality control of the various laboratory tests is also ensured and various automatic and semi-automatic analyzers are used in the laboratories.
- Reports are made available within the shortest possible time.
- Emergency lab. : Round the clock, all days.
The hospital has a licensed, modern state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provide facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood. Strict precautions are taken and testing is done to prevent any blood borne infection. Blood is issued on exchange basis and patient requiring blood should arrange healthy blood donor for exchange of blood
Equipment and facilities Available
The hospitals have the support of Civil (R&B), its own Electrical & Mechanical Engineering wings for ensuring proper maintenance and working of its various equipment.
Operation theatres – The hospital has fully equipped modern operation theatres where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.
Routine surgeries are done as per list maintained by the respective department(s).
Periodical servicing and maintenance of instruments and equipments are made by the Bio – Medical engineering department for hazard free operations on emergencies.
Having fully mechanized kitchen from where diet of patients is prepared, fully mechanized laundry with modern equipment and gadgets.
The Central Sterile Supply Department for providing sterilized supplies to various sections and operation theatres of the hospital is also available.
The full-fledged engineering wing also available for running the various hospital services round the clock. The DG sets, AC plant, Incinerator, Fire Hydrant System on all the floors, Sewage Treatment Plant, Boilers, Manifold services, lifts, etc. are some of the important services under their control.
An electric sub-station for uninterrupted power supply. The hospital is connected to stand by generators in case of electricity break down. Adequate water and toilet facilities are available. Separate canteen facilities for staff and the attendants of the patients are available.
Adequate number of Wheel Chairs and stretchers are available on request at the main reception of the hospital for the facility of patients who are not in position to walk.
Lifts are available for access to higher floors
Ambulances are available for use, round the clock for transfer of patients to other hospitals
Canteen for visitors and out patients is open round the clock.
Pharmacy is located in the Hospital OP premise which is open 24 hrs. on all days.
The facilities for public telephone booths are also provided
The UHTC functions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Delivery services are available round the clock.
The RHTC OPD functions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Emergency services are available round the clock .
Basic laboratory and X-ray services, are available in the RHTC.
Consultation, drugs and investigations are provided free of cost at these centres.
Health education, house visits, ANC and under-five camps, School health, special camps such as Skin camp, ophthalmology camps, dental camps are conducted on a regular basis. Family planning services are available in these centres. Those requiring surgery or tertiary care are referred to the main hospital. Transport services are provided free of charge.
Health inspectors provide water and sanitation education and services to the population served by these centres. Counselling and referral support are provided by the social workers from these centres.
Medical students are provided community medicine orientation and training through these centres in addition to their regular academic training.
Grievance Redressal /complaints
Responsibility of users
- The success of this citizen charter depends upon the support, we will receive from our users.
- The OPDs, indoors and the emergencies of the hospital attend and admit any number of people.
- It is not possible to cater the individual needs of all the patients, so some of the patients always go unsatisfied. Please do not hesitate in conveying us the shortcomings of the hospitals.
- Help us to keep the hospitals and its surroundings neat and clean by using different coloured bins placed at various points in the hospital.
- The hospital is a no smoking zone, please do not smoke or chew pan or tobacco in the hospital and avoid spitting on the walls of the hospital. This hospital belongs to you.
- Please follow the rules and regulations of the hospital while inside the hospital campus.
- Please do not cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean.
- Please use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage/spoil hospital property.
- Do not indulge in any money transactions with touts and unauthorised persons.
- Please refrain from demanding undue favours from hospital staff and officials.
- Please provide feedback of the services by putting your constructive suggestions in the suggestion/complaint boxes or directly approaching the Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
Grievance Redressal / complaints
There will be occasions when you will not be satisfied by our services and please do not hesitate to register your complaint. It will help us to come to your expectation and serve you better.
The letters are processed, the complaints are attended and feedback is given to the persons who have given their addresses. Grievances Redressal Committees are constituted by Dean MRA Medical College & hospital with Medical Superintendent as chairman and representatives of various clinical specialities/ Matron etc. as members.
The members maintain a log book and attend to referred complaints within period of one week with specific recommendations/suggestion and action report in particular case.
Committee Members of Grievance Redressal / Complaints:
Dr Rajesh, M.S., Medical Superintendent
Dr. A. C. Gupta, M.D., – Professor & HOD of General Medicine
Dr. D. K. Nigam, M.S., – Assistant Professor & Incharge (Emergency)
Mr. Sujeet Rai, M.D. – Proctor
Dr Zaheer Ahmad, M.S. – Assistant Professor
Dr. Pramod Yadav, M.S. – Assistant Professor (E.N.T.)